Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Monday, May 9, 2011

Harvest Monday ... and Hwe Dup Bap

I'm joining other bloggers over at Daphne's Dandelions as we share our weekly harvests...it's fun to see what others are harvesting and what they are cooking up with it...check it out!

I have had several small harvests of greens and lettuces this week and one really big harvest ... a bunch of my Asian vegetable started to bolt and since I want to redo the drip system in that bed I decided to go ahead and harvest almost everything there.


I gave a bunch to the neighbors who are going to be providing me with eggs :)  A lot more are going to be turned into Hwe Dup Bap, a salad like Korean dish of hot rice, vegetables, and seafood.


Ingredients:
 Asian greens (tatsoi, mizuna and Chinese cabbage work very well), lettuce, radishes, cucumbers and onions; prepared as for a salad

Any combination of fish and shellfish (traditionally sashimi for true Korean Hwe Dup Bap); I used seared ahi, seared scallops, cooked crab and cooked shrimp

Cooked short grain white rice (such as Calrose)

Sauce (traditionally red chili paste thinned with vinegar); I use the Spicy Thai Chili Sauce that I used as a dipping sauce for eggrolls.

Preparation:
Place the greens in a large bowl and top with the seafood.  Add the hot rice and sauce to the bowl and toss.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Your basket of greens is beautiful and the Hwe Dup Bap sounds divine. Our local fish markets are opening now for the summer. I will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious. I shouldn't read these posts so close to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful harvest of greens and that dish looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that tuna looks, well - oh, just GIMME SOME! :-D I'm drooling here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all ... try this one, you'll love it! Barbie, I have more in the freezer ... come for dinner anytime : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW~ your Hwe Dup Bap looks so amazing. I'm going to have to try your recipe later.

    ReplyDelete