Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Monday, February 7, 2011

Harvest Monday...and More Planting Mania...

No harvest for me this week...just some potatoes from storage that I used with a roast chicken....


I'm joining other bloggers over at Daphne's Dandelions as we share our weekly harvests...it's fun to see what others are harvesting and what they are cooking up with it...check it out!

And I owe Daphne a big thank you for her advice on using a mini soil blocker.  My first batch turned out pretty pathetic...


The seedlings are happy (I planted these on Thursday...photo was taken Saturday!   Love those Asian greens!) ...the blocks are probably going to fall apart, so I'll just prick the seedlings out.  The next batch turned out much better after some advice from Daphne.

So...here's the grand tally of my planting spree...

And more....


Including the 600 mini blocks I now have 998 seedling going in the greenhouse...plus the 150 that I've already transplanted to the garden...plus the 200 plug spawn...No!  Wait!  That's another post!  ; )

Enjoy!

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot of seedlings growing!! How much garden space do you have??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin: I have 5 4x8 raised beds, 3 4x4 beds plus a large terraced bed and bank next to our lake that I am going to try edible landscaping in this spring....

    ReplyDelete