Homesteading In The Pacific Northwest

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkins!

I thought it was time to show you what I did with the lovely sugar pie pumpkins
I bought at the produce stand....


First I cut the pumpkins in half and scooped out the seeds...


I placed them on a baking sheet, covered them with foil and baked at 350 degrees for one hour. After they cooled I scooped the pumpkin away from the skin.


Here are our ingredients....

Place the following dry ingredients in a large bowl:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

 In another bowl place and mix well with a fork:
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup softened butter
2 large eggs

Add the moist ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moist.  Spoon batter into a loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack and allow to cool (if you can wait that long...I can't :)


And what about all the rest of the pumpkin you cooked?......


It freezes well...and you have more for making more bread...
Enjoy!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment